[Bf-committers] faster usage of panels via pie menu

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 10 04:36:00 CET 2010

interesting. what takes my time (and vertical space) is scrolling thru expanded panels, and i find myself constantly collapsing them. If I were allowed to request a feature, it would be a hotkey to collapse all panels within a context. Invoked as a hotkey, the Home key perhaps, since home in the image editor and sequencer scale the contents to fit within the viewable area. As an icon, perhaps the same little circled + thing used in the outliner window to expand/collapse, placed next to the pushpin on the context header, to expand/collapse all. To me, finding the panel/option you want is all variations on a collapsable menu strategy, like the outliner or menu/submenu lookups.

With the horizontal layout, and the lesser number of panels, categorized into context-subcontext hierarchy, most panels could remain expanded and viewable without scrolling. Now, with a flat set of contexts and many more panels, this does indeed become an issue.