[Bf-committers] Is collada work in progress?

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 21:32:58 CET 2010

Yo, back on Tuesday 09 February 2010 Dave Plater was all like:
> I searched for collada packages thinking it was a missing devel package
> and couldn't find any openSUSE ones and couldn't find the includes in
> any of the sourceforge packages.

You have to download and install the OpenCollada SDK. You will need to pull
from their SVN, since they do not tag releases of anything other than their
max and maya plugins.

Blender's 2.5 trunk should build against OpenCollada's SVN revision #721
(Actually you can build it againt the SDK Head since all revisions since then
have been in a development branch)

After building you will have to install libs and include files manually. Their
scons script only deals with compiling and the Makefile does not provide access
to the build options you will need to set :P

SVN:
http://code.google.com/p/opencollada/source/checkout

Also Read:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kazanbas/Building_Collada_Branch