[Bf-committers] 2010 signals...

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Feb 7 12:58:16 CET 2010

Hi devs,

See below anonymized snippets from mails and conversations I've had in
only the past few days. For one, this is a reason why I'm not coding
or bugfixing. :) I'm emailing and communicating sometimes full working
days now.

But there's an important striking issue here... apparently we have to
move up to the next level, the typical open source business of
Support, Consultancy and Integration Services. The time is really ripe
now. But I maybe people wait for me to make a first step? :) I'm
thinking it over, but for as long 2.5 or durian are in progress, I
cannot do much. If you're for hire, or into consultancy or servicing
or training, make sure you're heard so I can find you!

---------
I have a new project recently short-listed by the xxx Fund. Reading
through your open projects is very inspiring and I wish to do
something similar to help promote Blender and the film.
---------
My co-founder and I are working toward a commercial studio that will
use only open source software in the making of feature length movies.
---------
Currently we are using Blender to develop a TV series for xxx. We
would like to know how could we collaborate with Blender institute in
certifying our trainer and would like to request a technical support
from the institute..
---------
My studio currently employs 15 artists using Blender. We are seeking
for someone to train Blender developers.
---------
I am looking for some people from Blender that would help with a
movie, do you know who can help me? It's for a movie called xxx, xxx
is going to be directing it.
---------
Sorry for late response to your email, but it took me time trying to
initially understand the source code of the Blender and making
decision how it would be possible to integrate our compression
technology with Blender.
---------

-Ton-