[Bf-committers] Particle surface reconstruction (Farsthary)

Raul Fernandez Hernandez raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Sun Feb 7 00:20:17 CET 2010

Hi Erwin :)

> Hi Farsthary,
>
> So you implemented some iso-surface generation for SPH particles?

 Yes, I have progressed a lot from my first attempts :)

> Sorry I've been busy with trying to get Bullet 2.76 out of the door (still
> more work),
> but I'm interested in your work.

  Thanks a lot! though I'm orders of magnitude more impressed for your
work in Bullet.

> Do you consider making it available under the ZLib license?
> Thanks
> Erwin

   Seems a good option, that way could be reused/modified in Bullet and in
Blender. I still need to improve and polish more the code but I'm
getting closer :)

> By the way: have you tried to integrate it into the Bullet SPH
> implementation by Hoetzlein (from the Bullet/Extras/sph folder)?

  I haven't look at bullet source code but i definatelly should dive into
it as this project approach to its first iteration.

 I will first release the SPH engine for Blender particles and later the
isosurfacing generator.

                                   Thanks!
                                        Raul