[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, 31st january 2010

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Sat Feb 6 17:36:52 CET 2010

Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> - Jason mentions that he'd prefer toolbox back (as for 2.4x), which
> was a good feature for documentation for him. Ton invites all
> documenters to send in their top hotlists todos (only the essentials
> please!) this week latest.

Some findings I made during this week, sorry for the weird format etc.

[inconsistency]    pan in 3dview and UVImageEditor should be the same
(or at least ALSO pan with Shift-MMB in UVImageEd)
[missing] keyboard (Cursorkeys) controll for Grab/Rotate/Scale
[missing] no way to set a vertex/handle in the f-curve editor to a
specific way (think old NKEY window in the IpoEditor)
[bug] CTRL-F3 make a shot of whole screen (not the actual window like in
2.4x), SHIFT-CTRL-F3 not implemented, Screnshot via Search leaves
Searchwindow open
[missing] confirm filewindows with RETURN
[weird] clearing a number input an pressing return should (IMHO) clear
the button with ZERO or a default value NOT the last value
[missing] feedback for Remove Doubles for example
[missing] Remove Doubles does not remember its Treshold (same for other
tools)

[missing] Select a complete single f-curve for copy/paste, maybe a
L-inked select would be nice, or a double LMB on the channel

[missing] Proxy generation (threaded, in background) for ImageSequencer
[missing] ImagePreview of Sequencer not scalable
[missing] Swap render buffers for comparisons of renders

[bug] Whitespace handling in Texteditor often messes up

[feature] allow copy/paste of f-curve keyframes between different types,
e.g. emit and energy value, sometimes you need the same complicated
curve on 2 functions. Ideally I would use a driver her but see below

[missing] Scale to Image Aspect Ratio (Alt V)
[missing] added Primitives are not named properly (only as Mesh.xxx)
[missing] ToolShelf should survive a restart
[missing] Record Game Physics to Ipo, errr... f-curve

[Drivers] --------------------------------------
[I miss it ;-)] not all data can be driven, no hint from the GUI here,
undocumented of course alse "
<kaito> anyway; the simple answer for calli is: "yes, blender doesnt
support driver relations other than with and between bone/objects"
<kaito> calli: of course we want it work :) but how far you want to
stretch it, preview renders again on changing driven value?
<kaito> calli: anyway, we have this high on our todo, but it's an impact
of the animation system refactor (make everything animatable) which is a
larger scale project than the 2.5 original specs

Yes I want it to extend to its max. If it is not doable at least the GUI
should tell the user so, e.g. not allowing to add drivers which are
non-funct.