[Bf-committers] COLLADA problems in 2.5

Wael EL ORAIBY wael.eloraiby at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 04:34:02 CET 2010

Hi,

I have run into some problems when using blender with WITH_BF_COLLADA=True.
Hope I m not missing something or I m not doing anything wrong.
Here is the list of problems (on ubuntu 9.10 amd64):

1. Building it was a pain, I had to build OpenCollada alone and then install
it manually as the provided default building scripts don't install the right
things in the right places.
- I suggest having an OpenCollada copy in extern folder so it can be built
and set as every external library in blender.
2. It seems there is something missing in the scons script about opencollada
: the env variable 'BF_OPENCOLLADA_INC' is pointing elsewhere. so this had
to be tweeked manually (putting an opencollada clone would solve these
problems)
- I had trouble building blender with the Makefile, the compiler exits with
segmentation fault. this seems to be a bug in gcc or make.
3. Once this is done the default scene is exported, but when imported
nothing is right. the 3D object is reduced to nothing and with other scenes
I v tried it seems that it gets the 3rd dimension lost. Have I done
something wrong or am I missing something in the configuration ?

Best regards,

@Seldan

--
Wael El Oraiby