[Bf-committers] DNA -> RNA -> UI names

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Fri Dec 24 12:24:55 CET 2010

Hi all,

When checking on a softbody bug report I noticed that some properties
even use three names now. The name for C code in DNA got changed in
RNA definition but this gets ignored in the UI, which uses another
name again.

By definition RNA stores a UI name, which should be used as such in
the UI too.
If RNA ui names are wrong, these have to be fixed there, not with
custom script names!

Example:

DNA: aeroedge
RNA API: aero
RNA UI: "Aero"
Py UI: "Factor"

Nice idea for a christmas holiday fixing round :)
At least: let all maintainers check of RNA UI names are correct? Then
I can find a volunteer to kick out (most of) the custom UI names.

-Ton-