[Bf-committers] New smoothing algorithm update

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Mon Dec 20 14:21:41 CET 2010

> Nice video, looks useful :)
>
> Regarding your question, I assume you mean smoothing of UVs in the
> UV/Image editor? If so, then I think you would need to implement that
> operator separately.
>
> -Nick

Hi Nicholas :)

 Thanks a lot! yes, is quite handy, I´m currently researching smoothing
relaxation algorithm , since there many out there, I even implement
another one that gives similar results, just need to decide wich of both
perform better :)

  Thanks also for the UV tip :)  and regarding unlimited clay I have a
good news, now I´m able to subdivide any face under the brush radius
where previously I did only if a vert where inside the radius, that
means that now you could zoo in inside a face and sculpt there no matter
how small it is!!!! Yay!

  but I´m still getting some issues with the relaxation + unlimited clay
as the stroke moves over the mesh ... I mean, the tool perform very well
once the mesh is created but as I stroke it still have some stretched
edges (though much better than before) and I´m still not satisfy ...
sculptris do have a very cool relaxation and I´m trying to replicate or
improve that.

 Cheers  Raul