[Bf-committers] Blender developer meeting, sunday 12 dec, 2010

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 12 17:52:05 CET 2010

Hi all,

1) projects.blender.org

- Trackers and projects.blender.org migrated

- We had some bad luck with a server hanging, but that's solved now.

- todo: SCM viewer for browsing svn history. Will come back early
january (?)
   (tip: use svn annotate for checking files)

- todo: searching for open reports assigned to specific person

Issues for the trackers or website can be posted here:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?group_id=8&atid=121

2) 2.5 issues

- Time for a new official beta! Proposal: announce on 26th, release
midweek after.
   Question: are release builders available in this holiday season?

- Ton will now for real work on the official regression test update! A
version of it should be in the GSoX unit-test project.

- Dalai proposes to replace the ancient built-in vector font with a
more modern (and official free) one. We can even include a couple?
Waiting for proposal...

- Work on UI "Style" system is a todo, and will allow loading own font
sets, and assign to UI items like panels, menus, buttons, labels.

- Tracker work (bug fixing) goes excellent. We're getting more time to
move attention to the long todo in wiki.blender.org now.

3) Other projects

- Francesco Siddi is working on the WP theme and layout for
code.blender.org.
   Estimated release is this week!

-Ton-