[Bf-committers] Tiled Compositing Render: Progress?

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Sat Dec 11 07:56:57 CET 2010

Hi Troy,

I am still working on the design. Progress is not that far from
beginning of November. Had some problems with my development station
lately and a new version of Blender-aid takes a lot of time. Most next
step are project management related, Next steps are:

1. Run current implementation on a low-end (Quadro FX 360), mid-end (GTS
220) and high level graphical card GTX580 (due before the end of
December). Testing the differences between these is needed to create a
more future-proof design. That what is now high-end might be mid-end in
3 years or-so.

2. We need to do some big decisions up-front. I want to discuss these
with the community. (artist and developer involvement). Planned due date
will be Januari/Februari. Perhaps the decision will be supported with
proof-implementations.

3. Getting communication, planning and finance aligned. When these are
controlled, I have more time to work on the compositor and the faster
the realization can be done.

Jeroen.