[Bf-committers] Text Editor - Auto Complete

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 01:55:07 CET 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:43 AM, Justin Dailey <dail8859 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am curious about the auto complete functionality in the text editor. It seems to me several of the needed peices are present for getting the suggested items (the console presently does this) and drawing the list (text_python.c?).</p>
> Justin Dailey</p>

Hi Justin, adding auto-completion back would be good, however I'm not
convinced the method used in 2.4x is all that great.
This used python to parse the script to give suggestions, but
personally I prefer simple 'dictionary' based auto-completion since
the python parsing didn't always work right in my experience.

Rather then trying to be too smart - just gather all unique words used
in the text and auto-completion based on that.