[Bf-committers] Holding Non Modifier Keys, more weird things

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Thu Dec 9 19:31:35 CET 2010

Hi,

I am a bit concerned about the changes how to handle the keyboard. We
have now two (at least) keys which need to be hold and are no modifier
keys (Shift/Alt/Ctrl). This is the KKEY for the knife (K Hold and LMB)
and D while drawing with the grease pencil. Why these two exceptions? It
is always a hard thing to tell students NOT to hold G/S/R for example,
because this makes it easy to use modifiers (like XYZ or Shift-Z) and
that this is a good thing, no fiddeling with Icons or Menues etc. I
really would hat to explain why K and D are exceptions here...

Another one is the weird cursor key behaviour when translating. I know
that it was a hack in 2.4x but I really miss this feature, makes it so
hard to adjust a position just very slightly.

Another thing is the missing possibility in the outliner to select with
AKEY or Border Select. Ok this is a feature reurest ;-)

Best Regards,
Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/