[Bf-committers] Patch: Render API preview function

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Thu Dec 9 00:51:55 CET 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:41 AM, Doug Hammond
<doughammond at hamsterfight.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> That sounds like a sensible idea, I think you might also need to pass the
> pointer to the preview object as well so that the external renderer can
> handle the different preview types.

The preview types enum is already available as
material.preview_render_type. I think if you're going down the route
of making a custom material preview scene for a specific renderer you
probably want to use your own geometry, not what gets exported from
Blender's preview scene - eg. using a proper sphere or subd primitives
rather than meshes, or your own specific objects for the different
types of geometry that the renderer may support.

cheers

Matt