[Bf-committers] Meeting notes, sunday dec 5, 2010

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 5 18:06:36 CET 2010

Hi all,

1) General notes

- Nathan Letwory will migrate projects.blender.org to new FusionForge.
That will be a big step forward for trackers and searching issues! In
order too have a smooth transfer, we need to shutdown access to svn
and gforge for a day. This will be announced here in time.

- Ton will remove gforge bf-blender project account of 2 year inactive
developers. Active participants in this mailing list or IRC can keep
accounts. In case I made mistake, just poke me!

- The new projects.blender.org will not allow to register own projects
anymore. This will be now "on request", and limited to projects
related to Blender.

- The code.blender.org might also arrive this week. Francisco Siddi
volunteered to do the Wordpress skin and navigation.

2) Blender 2.5 project

- Tracker went down nicely last week, but reports still stream in!
Work on stabilizing will continue.

- Patch for allowing custom names for sockets in group nodes gets
accepted.

3) Other projects, branches

- Meeting discussed whether (parts of) branches can alreade be merge.
New particle code has several improvements that will fix todo list
issues. Particle devs decided to wait still. Janne Karhu will at least
bring back per-particle RGBA animation, based on Material fcurves.
(Like 2.4)

- In general: we wait with merging branches until 2.5x has stable
release!

-Ton-