[Bf-committers] Arabic Support

Osama Khalid osamak at gnu.org
Fri Dec 3 18:55:43 CET 2010

Hello,

Blender is known to lack Arabic language support in the GUI (i.e. it
isn't translatable) and in the design space (i.e. writing Arabic text
isn't supported).

A quick search in the mailing list archive showed me no discussions
about this in the past so I was wondering if progress is being made in
this area and what parts we're missing to achieve a good level of
support.

Please note that I'm not a Blender user or developer. I haven't
checked the codebase but I'll most likely be able to get people to
work on this important task.

Thank you.

--Osama Khalid