[Bf-committers] Goodbye & thanks for the scripts

Alex Fraser alex at phatcore.com
Wed Dec 1 23:32:02 CET 2010

Hi all,

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 4:24 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> I've seen more people leave and come back, I understand working in
> this volunteer driven environment isn't always easy.

At OSDC last week there were some good talks on fostering a good community.

http://2010.osdc.com.au/proposal/48/baby-steps-open-source-incubation-and-mentoring-apache
http://osdc.blip.tv/file/4432062/

http://2010.osdc.com.au/proposal/179/how-report-bug
http://osdc.blip.tv/file/4442347/

If I had to give a brief summary:
 - Everyone is here because they want to help
 - It's too easy to read a neutral email in a negative light
 - Moderate each other
 - Be tolerant

They are both fairly long (about an hour each), but they are worth it
if you have the time. Many more topics are covered.

Cheers,
Alex