[Bf-committers] Scons and install paths layout

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 01:20:57 CEST 2010

WITH_BF_FHS was added before the path refactor so /usr/share could be
used for eg, but this conflicted in with the path changes in some
places so I removed it.
scons could be configured so "scons install" target would copy files
from the install dir onto the system. it may need a prefix option too.

CMake already works well with this: make install
It will install to the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX which defaults to /usr/local

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:35 PM, Reuben Martin <reuben.m at gmail.com> wrote:

> With the recent removal of the "WITH_BF_FHS" variable I'm having trouble figuring out how to setup a standard linux system install.
>
> Right now the install paths relative to the install root are:
>
> ./
> |blender
> |-- 2.53
> |   `-- scripts
> |       |-- [ ... ]
> |-- icons
> |   |-- [ ... ]
> `-- plugins
>    |-- [ ... ]
>

> And I want to set it to do something more in line with LSB layout that will allow multiple versions installed on the system in parallel:
>
> ./
> |-- bin
> |   `-- blender-2.53
> |-- lib
> |   `-- blender
> |       `-- 2.53
> |           `-- plugins
> `-- share
>    `-- blender
>        `-- 2.53
>            |-- icons
>            `-- scripts
>

> Is there a way to do this now without "WITH_BF_FHS" ?
>

> -Reuben

- Campbell