[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, 29 august 2010

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 29 17:39:12 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Only one main topic was discussed:

1) Blender 2.5x todos and beta release

- Campbell's RNA (property names for Python & UI & animation) renaming
is nearly done, and will be completed in a few days. It has impact on
three levels:

a) Our UI scripts and scripts in our distribution: these have been
manually fixed now. Things will work as usual with current svn.

b) Other Python scripts: it means scripters have to manually check for
warning prints when running old scripts. The impact is quite low
though, most renames happened on not often used properties.

c) Blender files: if you use drivers or animation curves on non-
transform data a minor few became obsolete (like MistStart). There's a
script in Blender to fix this, this will move to the Help as "2.54
fix" option.

- A quite lengthy debate arose about how much we can freeze in our
Python API in general. Everyone agrees it should be minimal, but the
definition of that is unclear yet. This is a good review topic to look
into more detail for.

- Short note: bug tracker at 418 now, that's a nice challenge for
everyone!

- Next week the meeting will review status, and a very likely decision
then is to do an official beta release during the week after.

Thanks,

-Ton-