[Bf-committers] MSVC project files end of life

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 01:04:28 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:01 AM, Lars Krueger <lars_e_krueger at gmx.de> wrote:
>> My theory on why it doesn't work with Visual C++ 2010 EE:
>
> Had a similar problem at work recently. Check for the runtime-dlls. They are not removed correctly or are a separate package (at least in our case).
>
> In addition, a too-old scons-version, which is older than the msvc version will use the old libs/dlls, even with the newer compiler. I don't know about cmake, but scons gets the compiler version from the registry and some heuristics. Updating scons helped us.
> --
> Dr. Lars Krueger

Regarding CMake MSVC project files giving problems with debug (python
debug specifically).
Just found this in source/creator/CMakeLists.txt

  COMMAND copy /Y \"${LIBDIR}\\release\\python31.zip\"
\"${TARGETDIR}\\python31_d.zip\"

python31.zip contains compiled pyd files which IIRC have problems when
running with a non debug python.

Committed a change to copy the correct python31_d.zip file r31622 but
cant test, would be interested to know if this fixes anything.