[Bf-committers] Blender and OpenCL

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 25 07:36:56 CEST 2010

You may have noticed the new simulation nodes i am currently working
on ( http://phonybone.planetblender.org/ ). Until now i didn't really
pay attention to OpenCL, in fact i even made my own multithreaded
batch processing system for object data like vertices and particles.
Yesterday i took a closer look at what OpenCL can actually do and i
have to say i'm quite intrigued now :) Coding the node execution
process is just one half of the journey, currently i am working on
further improvements of ui features. When that is done i definitely
want to give OpenCL a try and such a general framework could be very
helpful.

Cheers
Lukas