[Bf-committers] Animation paths & do_versions

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 01:18:46 CEST 2010

Last meeting I agreed to look into the implications of changing so
many RNA paths on existing animations.
Using the Durian production directory as a test case I made a dump of
every animated and driven value.

for some trivia there are 595 blend files, 412,987 animation paths in total.
Stripping strings such as bone names, then removing doubles there were
54 unique paths.

Checking these against the modified RNA paths 3 unique paths changed
MistDepth, MistStart and TextureScale
This accounts for 20 paths in 5 files.

See: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Ideasman42/durian_animpaths

If we want Durian files to work in trunk we will need to update
rigging UI, initialization scripts and merge the render branch.

Updating the paths with a script, along with other updates to run in
trunk is still my preference.

--
- Campbell