[Bf-committers] Blender and OpenCL
j.bakker at atmind.nl
Tue Aug 24 19:18:41 CEST 2010
I have been experimenting with OpenCL and are planning a basic framework
to support it in Blender.
main features are:
* OpenCL is disabled by default, CPU fall-back must ALWAYS be
available. OpenCL can be enabled with command-line parameter
* Compiler directive to completely disable OpenCL in Blender.
* Basic implementation to access and use GPU-devices
* I am not targeting the blender-render, but other time-consuming
processes (fluids, node systems etc)
I think this matches the basic blender principles:
* can work on standard home PC's
* blender installation is unzipping an zip
Are other people also busy with this subject?
More information about the Bf-committers