[Bf-committers] Blender and OpenCL

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Tue Aug 24 19:18:41 CEST 2010

Hi all

I have been experimenting with OpenCL and are planning a basic framework
to support it in Blender.

main features are:
  * OpenCL is disabled by default, CPU fall-back must ALWAYS be
available. OpenCL can be enabled with command-line parameter
  * Compiler directive to completely disable OpenCL in Blender.
  * Basic implementation to access and use GPU-devices
  * I am not targeting the blender-render, but other time-consuming
processes (fluids, node systems etc)

I think this matches the basic blender principles:
  * can work on standard home PC's
  * blender installation is unzipping an zip

Are other people also busy with this subject?

Best regards,
Jeroen

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User_talk:Jbakker