[Bf-committers] Alembic

§ĥřïñïďĥï Ŗäö shrinidhi666 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 05:56:06 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 8:52 AM, Benjamin Tolputt <btolputt at internode.on.net
> wrote:

> François T. wrote:
> > I don't see any common stuff w/ Collada actually.
> >

> Cool. I didn't have enough knowledge to say either way, but did want to
> be sure it wasn't going to replace the Collada interop for something
> else untried/untested.

Well . This is not an untried/untested thing. :) . In fact major vfx studios
have their own format since many years which is very similar to Alembic and
sony is just trying to make it a standard so that communication between
studios is easier and straight forward ..

For the record, I use Collada as the data format for a multi-software
> pipeline for my projects (I cannot convince my animator to move to
> Blender); so I am well aware of the mismatch between platforms. It is,
> however, the best we have at the moment and so I would be hesitant to
> move to something else without proven benefits :)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Benjamin Tolputt
> Analyst Programmer

Ęvęņ ģóđ fąįļş ŧŏ ųŋđęŗşţąņđ å ĥųmąņ ųņţĭļ ĥĭş đęąţĥ

http://www.linkedin.com/in/shrinidhi666
http://www.shrinidhi666.wordpress.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3025616