[Bf-committers] blender COLLADAStreamWriter question

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Mon Aug 23 02:09:06 CEST 2010

On Sunday 22 August 2010 23:59:42 Reuben Martin wrote:
> Yo, back on Sunday, August 22, 2010 luxInteg was all like:
> > yes I did  it compiled just fine.  I tried two methods one where I did a
> > 'make install' and other where  I moved he whole tree to the desired
> > location. Neither had libs in COLLADAstreamwriter.  There is  no
> > Makefile in this directory.
>
> Don't use the make tools to build this code, they are horribly broken. Use
> scons.
Thanks its a while sihce I dabbled with scons.  I expect I will have to fiddle
again with it   soon.

Opencollada  for blender  on linux/gcc looks an ideal poject for  building
with cmake.   If anyone on list wants wants to collaborato
on this  please lte me know.

HOWEVER  for now there may be a problem with 64-bit only  Linux setups.

For instance I have a 64-bit non-multilib setup.  Initially I tried to   edit
unxsbuild.sh   that ships with opencollada but discovered
it supports essentially 32-bit builds.  The problem may be  MathMLSolver.  The
code for it at sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mathmlsolver/ )
appears to be  for 32-bit.  It is unclear if newer stuff is on the horizon.

If anyone on list knows of how to compile this program   for 64-bit CPU's with
gcc  please   let me know.