[Bf-committers] MSVC project files end of life

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Wed Aug 18 14:50:13 CEST 2010

Incremental build and the 'rna outdated' problem don't exist with MSVC
project files provided that you start from a clean state. I noticed that
the 'rna outdated' problem comes back if you switch back and forth
between debug and non-debug build. I usually fix it by manually deleting
the *_gen* files.
At times the compilation fails because a .pdb file is corrupted.
Cleaning the project is sufficient to fix the project.

So far I didn't notice these problems with cmake generated project
files. So at least for me the cmake project files behave just as good as
the old project files.
I'm using VS2008 professionnal edition.