[Bf-committers] Component Group Proposal

Brandon Phoenix ktbluear at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 01:30:49 CEST 2010

Hey Joe,

As far as I know, this is currently being put off until after the next stable
point release since it is not a high enough priority right now. In addition, the
word I got from Matt Ebb is that there's currently no UI framework in place to
properly implement it (i.e. multiple hierarchical layers), but in the long term
I think this would be very helpful since we could have layer groups for
painting, as well as properly overhauling Blender's layer system (at least on
the GUI side). If it needs to be done, I'm probably available to create a design
doc for it. Being an artist, obviously I can't get too technical.

Let me know if you have any questions,

-Brandon Phoenix

Message: 3