[Bf-committers] [Bf-commiters] miss children rotation with blender script

Jorge Muñoz jorgeroden at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 19:08:06 CEST 2010

Hello everyone. I'm writing a python program to simulate a robot arm with
Blender (Simulink-Blender sockets). I have a model with several links and
I've defined some parent-child joints.
I try to rotate an arm link and its children by using this piece of code (I
paste loop) :

---------------
while True:

    try:
        dato, address = s.recvfrom(8)
    except socket.error, msg:
        print ("data null, simulation is over.")
        break

    datoCaden = struct.unpack('d',dato)
    data_out_tuple = datoCaden[0] # float

    # rotating mesh
    mesh1.RotZ = float(radians(data_out_tuple))
    Redraw()

Main arm link (mesh1) rotates but children do not.

I saw in Bf-committers archive a related post
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2010-April/027059.html
but I don't understand Jeff's answer very well.

Thank you.

-Jorge-

--
www.jorgeroden.blogspot.com