[Bf-committers] Declarative UI Experiment

Elia Sarti vekoon at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 11:56:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

Sorry, last night I couldn't make it, was too tired, will try and take
some time today to get the "proposal" up.

As Benjamin says the reason behind Campbell's proposal is that the
current system is easy only for developers and even if someone can just
build Blender on his own, I put him in the developer range as most
people wouldn't be able to.

So the whole point of introducing a parallel easier system is to meet
the needs of that majority of people, while leaving the current Python
API as it is (or just with some slight additions) for devs.

What we do with the internal UI files is just our business, the goal is
to allow people to overwrite that UI without the need to go and change
the original files but just adding their own.