[Bf-committers] Minutes meeting 8 august 2010

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Aug 9 13:26:13 CEST 2010

Hi all,

*** Current projects

- Nexyon proposes to merge his audaspace GSoC work in trunk. According
to him the changes are mostly (only?) in the library, and will fix
several bugs and issues in the old code.

- Svn and Gforge updates are in progress, things happen at night (my
timezone), so I'm not fully informed what the status is.

*** Blender 2.5 project

- Reminder to all: focus remains on 'getting blender back to work', so
please postpone adding fun or cool new features as much as possible.
The bug tracker is  with 342 open reports worse than ever... we can
use help here.

- Campbell worked with Brecht and Luca on more consistant naming for
rna properties. This will break scripts, so it has to be done a.s.a.p.

- Andrea needs help with a ghost call, who is official Windows ghost
maintainer? There's a patch in the tracker that might need review:
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&aid=23176&group_id=9&atid=127

- Meeting shortly discussed Tom Musgrove's questionaire, and the idea
to hire another developer based on people giving subscription based
donations. Ton replied that there's budget already for 1 or 2
positions, based on current shop revenues and sponsoring. It's
currently harder to find and manage people than to find money. :)

*** Google summer of code

- Official project end is already in a week

- Nicholas Bishop will update docs on ptex

-Ton-