[Bf-committers] New Blender Foundation/Institute crew

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Thu Aug 5 15:14:51 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Here's a few more details on the changes. My contract at the Blender
Institute was until the end of this month, and I've been contemplating
a bit what I should do in the future. It's been great working here,
and I'm very grateful to Ton, he gave me a lot of freedom to work on
what I wanted to work on, and I've learned a lot from him in the past
years. I feel like after 3 years I need a different challenge, just
doing something a bit different, so I started looking around and found
a job at Refractive Software, with the advantage that it's closer to
where I live.

I'll still be involved in Blender development, but again in my spare
time as I did before I started working here. There's no non
competition agreement or anything like this. I'll still work on
getting Durian features merged into trunk, getting 2.5 finished, and
other things after that, there's still many areas in Blender I'd like
to improve in the future. In terms of internal render engine
development however I won't be involved much anymore, focusing more on
external render engine integration, but I'll of course try to get
render branch features merged and help others understand how it works.

Thanks to everyone who's helped out with development/documentation and
supported open movie projects. Further, I'll still be on IRC, mailing
lists, committing to svn, so no massive change there.

Thanks,
Brecht.