[Bf-committers] Python RNA Type Registration

Martin Poirier theeth at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 1 18:14:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

As mentioned during meeting, now that most of the bugs with rna types are fixed, I really think it's time to revisit my earlier proposal for metaclass based automatic registration.

Here was the proposal: http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2010-February/026328.html

And here's the updated patch: http://blenderartists.org/~theeth/bf/register.patch

Previous criticism was that it didn't handle running stuff from the text window (that's fixed now) and that it made debugging harder (during development, I added debug code that would spit out a list of all registered type, the module they came from (with complete back trace to declaration path), the order they were loaded in and so forth).

Any other questions or objections, I'd be happy to discuss.

Martin