[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, sunday august 1, 2010
ton at blender.org
Sun Aug 1 17:59:07 CEST 2010
1) Current topics
- svn upgrade: this has been forwarded to the system admins.
Gforge upgrade got stalled because of summer holidays...
Devs want to have the 'resolution' tag as collumn back in the overview.
- Luca's keymap proposal got discussed, no conclusions sofar. Agreed
is that we need hotkey access to menus back, and hotkeys to open menus.
- Everyone survived midterm evaluations, time flies... the official
end of the gsoc program is in 2 weeks!
- No meeting reports from students, see mailing list for full updates
3) Blender 2.5 beta release(s)
- Ton mentioned that (at siggraph) there's a lot of happy feedback,
but some negative too, especially from experienced users. Main
complaint is that new UI works slower, has worse screen estate for
button regions, and misses essential options and hotkeys.
Solutions for screen estate is to explore transparency, horizontal
toolbars, and an option to put buttons in a floating panel again.
Ton wants to devote the after-durian and pre-mango period to tackle
such UI topics.
- Campbell will execute the rna api naming standardization in svn
within the next 2 weeks.
- Meeting agrees on aiming for an end-of-august beta update release.
- Luca shows a cool kino3d.com idea, a forum based bug sprint, where
people together verify bugs correctly before it gets submitted.
Blenderartists.org should follow!
More information about the Bf-committers