[Bf-committers] "Security" gets in the way

horace grant horace3d at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 02:27:22 CEST 2010

http://www.philhassey.com/blog/tinypy-ideas/

"""
Embed tinypy

    * Objective: sandbox tinypy and then (as in lunatic python) build
a python module that uses tinypy for safe execution of “unknown” code
"""

it's just an idea at the moment and not implemented but this sounds
interesting. :) tinypy could be used for drivers in the long term.

in the short to mid term there doesn't seem to be an easy and secure
solution but in the long term all the "this is impossible with python"
seems to be wrong to me. to me it looks like in 2-3 years the whole
situation will look different (pypy, tinypy,...) and there will be
feasible solutions.