[Bf-committers] Texture assignment workflow is confusing

(Ry)akiotakis (An)tonis kalast at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 15:47:06 CEST 2010

Actually this I like this idea too Doug(already mentioned by brecht
actually) and I think the only problem left is where the texture
properties will be. I would prefer being able to see both
material+texture properties at the same time as opposed to the current
system(Well, OK you can have two properties areas, but you know what I
mean)Maybe this can work quite well with the new subdivide system,
similar to the quad view in the 3D viewport. Like, the properties area
subdivides in two when the user presses the texture button next to the
component textured, and one sub-area becomes the texture context.
But that still leaves the texture panel functionality in
modifiers/sculpt tools as a problem + it is likely that such a
solution will require the user to resize the area to see all the
settings. Anyway, just my 2 cents again.

 Texture stacks are not useless even in a per shading component basis.
I may want 2 textures to influence my normal, then bake them together
in a 3rd texture for example. This is not uncommon!