[Bf-committers] "Security" gets in the way

§ĥřïñïďĥï Ŗäö shrinidhi666 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 06:03:59 CEST 2010

Hey Guys,
Well  I only saw a few snippets of this thread and didn't wanna read it
completely since the discussion was going pointless with "lets replace
python with some other scripting language" . Replacing or restricting sounds
completely lame when the whole industry is moving towards python to harness
its capabilities :)  . +1 for Matt Ebb`s points . Also if security is a
concern to many non-production or casual artists then blender developers can
provide an option in blender command line which can disable the so called
"security" so it doesn't hamper the real production. TDs in production can
then make a shell script or batch file that starts blender with that option
turned on so it doesn`t cause problems and distribute it in their studio .
Its still irritating to do so many stunts in a studio to get it working as
excepted . I would rather like to dump that security feature if its a
problem :/ . One more idea is to have it disabled by default like maya and
other 3d apps and have a tick box in splash screen with bold text "enable
security" , . My 2 cents ;)

regards
shrinidhi

--
Ęvęņ ģóđ fąįļş ŧŏ ųŋđęŗşţąņđ å ĥųmąņ ųņţĭļ ĥĭş đęąţĥ

http://www.linkedin.com/in/shrinidhi666
http://www.shrinidhi666.wordpress.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3025616