[Bf-committers] "Security" gets in the way

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Wed Apr 28 18:55:37 CEST 2010

+1
Dropping support for Python is going to be hard to accept for many.
-it is extremely useful and rich
-very easy/user friendly language
-closest to 'industry standard' for scripting languages, common in other
cg packages
-heavily and well integrated into blender 2.5
-ppl have invested lots of effort learning it
-ppl have invested lots of effort migrating to the new api
-Campbell is solving the security vs. usability issues, people who want
to run 'secure but less capable' will be able to, most people in
production settings will be running 'more capable but less secure' ,
however, these people aren't usually running outside files.