[Bf-committers] Support displaying of non-ASCII filename

Yaohua Xiong xiongyaohua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 04:14:25 CEST 2010

Hi Drip Stone,

> For displaying Chinese characters in Blender file browser on Windows, I
> convert file name and path string to UTF-8 and later display them. When
> opening files, I use old string, which usually needs 2 bytes for 1 Chinese
> character. I submitted a patch before, but I am not sure if the patch is
> still in repository. You can find it here: http://www.pasteall.org/12750/c

Thank you for your suggestion. Yes, I think that will work. But to
achieve that I need to touch many parts of Blender code, do many
in-the-place modification, which I'm striving to avoid.

--
Yaohua Xiong

Traffic and Transportation Engineering College, Tongji Univ.
Cao An Road 4800#, Jia Ding District, Shanghai,  China