[Bf-committers] Support displaying of non-ASCII filename

Rob M rob.nospam at 4mation.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 12:50:10 CEST 2010

Hi,

I don't think it will work. As I discovered when developing the patch "[#21836] There are problems running blender using UNC paths" there are more places where blender uses file and path names than just winstuff.c and they are not wide character or even utf-8 compatible.

IMHO A better solution until either windows natively handles utf-8 encoded filenames or blender natively uses wide characters is to use Windows multi-byte character strings in the file and path handling routines - this shouldn't require a great amount of effort. I'm willing to do this but I want to wait until [#21836] There are problems running blender using UNC paths is accepted before I do.

Rob