[Bf-committers] Support displaying of non-ASCII filename

Yaohua Xiong xiongyaohua at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:35:10 CEST 2010

Thanks Nathan.

I'm using a simplified Chinese windows 7 with a bunch of CJK fonts,
I'm just looking for a way to make blender use them. It looks like
Blender use a font that is hard wired in header files and there is no
obvious way to change it.

Best regards,
Yaohua Xiong

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Nathan Letwory <jesterking at letwory.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ah, sounds like a great patch. I'll test this too in the coming days.
> Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_software_Unicode_typefaces to
> find fonts to test with.
>
> /Nathan (jesterKing)
>
> On 04/27/2010 05:02 AM, Yaohua Xiong wrote:
>>  Hi, all
>>  I've add this patch in the hope that it will make displaying
>>  non-ASCII(more specifically CJK) filename possible. Currently I'm
>>  looking for a way to change the gui font to test it. Any suggestions?
>>  Thanks in advance.
>>
>>  Best regards,
>>  Yaohua Xiong
>>
>>  [#22176] Make winstuff to use unicode api
>>
>>    Monitor (?)
>>  State:
>>  Open
>>  Date:
>>  3
>>  Submitted By:
>>  Yaohua Xiong  (xiongyaohua)  Assigned To:
>>  Nobody (None)
>>
>>  Detailed description
>>  In this patch, the winstuff.c use unicode win32 api explicitly. The
>>  return value(mainly filenames and pathnames) are
>>  converted from wchar to utf8. I think this patch should make display
>>  of non-unicode filename possible, but I can't test
>>  it now, because there is no way to change the gui font.

Yaohua Xiong

Traffic and Transportation Engineering College, Tongji Univ.
Cao An Road 4800#, Jia Ding District, Shanghai,  China