[Bf-committers] International Input

Yaohua Xiong xiongyaohua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 10:48:19 CEST 2010

Thanks, Ignacio. I'm still new to the Blender codebase, so I can not
say I have specific plan. For now I'll follow Matt Ebb's suggestion
and aim at get the Non-ASCII character display correctly. When I get
more familiar with the codebase, maybe we can combine the force :-).

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 3:37 PM, Drip Stone <wisitvenita at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Ignacio Fernandez Moreno <
> hellmoon666 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can help coding if there is a plan to bring it into Blender, just contact
>> me with the info.
>>
>> I think Blender really needs a base API to handle International Input on
>> every system.
>>
>> 2010/4/21 Harley Acheson <hacheson at shawnigan.ca>
>>
>> > Yaohua Xiong,

>> > Wow, we must have very different definitions of "moderate" then!

>> > Hmmm... If I place a Chinese character into a folder name then it shows
>> up
>> > at the end of the directory listing as a 0-byte broken file with a
>> question
>> > mark in
>> > place of the character. I have no way of browsing through it so any files
>> > or folders
>> > inside it are inaccessible. This behaviour makes sense to me since
>> > winstuff.c
>> > uses FindNextFile instead of FindNextFileW.
>> >
>> > I'm glad though that it is not as broken for you as I would have
>> expected,
>> > but
>> > I'm not sure how. Interesting...
>> >

>> > Regards, Harley Acheson
>> >
>> > Virtual Dogsbody
>> > Info Tech Department
>> > Shawnigan Lake School

Yaohua Xiong

Traffic and Transportation Engineering College, Tongji Univ.
Cao An Road 4800#, Jia Ding District, Shanghai,  China