[Bf-committers] International Input

Harley Acheson hacheson at shawnigan.ca
Wed Apr 21 07:41:29 CEST 2010

Yaohua Xiong,

> Yes, that's what I plan to do...

Wow, we must have very different definitions of "moderate" then!

> On my laptop(win7 32bit Chinese simplified system), I can browse file
> path contain Non-ASCII characters correctly, although the display of
> filename and pathname is a mess.

Hmmm... If I place a Chinese character into a folder name then it shows up
at the end of the directory listing as a 0-byte broken file with a question mark in
place of the character. I have no way of browsing through it so any files or folders
inside it are inaccessible. This behaviour makes sense to me since winstuff.c
uses FindNextFile instead of FindNextFileW.

I'm glad though that it is not as broken for you as I would have expected, but
I'm not sure how. Interesting...

Regards, Harley Acheson

Virtual Dogsbody
Info Tech Department