[Bf-committers] International Input

Yaohua Xiong xiongyaohua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 06:30:26 CEST 2010

Hi Dripstone,

It looks Iike the URLs you give cannot open, could you upload them to
www.pasteall.org?

As to the platform independent IM handling, I think we can borrow some
code from google chromium project.

Regards,
Yaohua

On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Drip Stone <wisitvenita at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to modify GHOST and input Chinese characters in MS Windows system.
> Here is one example:
> http://www.blendercn.org/download/file.php?id=1845&sid=05ef407cc75f3e17c60200cb6d72e6e2
> Since now we have 2.50, do we still use GHOST? If so I suggest we start from
> some files listed in the following image:
> http://www.blendercn.org/download/file.php?id=1934&sid=05ef407cc75f3e17c60200cb6d72e6e2
> I hope there is some library which we can use for any operation system. Due
> to no experience in this field, maybe we need some developer who is familier
> with i18n?
>

> Kindly regards,
> Dripstone
>
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM, Harley Acheson <hacheson at shawnigan.ca>wrote:
>
>> Yaohua Xiong,
>>
>> > Is it possible to add IM(IME on windows, XIM on linux, and whatever
>> > on Mac:-)) support to blender with moderate effort?
>>
>> My gut feeling is that it would far from moderate but not impossible. For
>> the Windows platform IME support comes pretty easy when you use
>> Windows controls, but we're drawing everything in OpenGL, so I think we'd
>> have to trap vk_processkey and draw the composition, status, and candidate
>> windows ourselves using data we get from IME API. Sounds daunting.
>>
>> > I'd like to give that a shot
>>
>> As Matt mentioned it would be nice to first have international support for
>> things
>> like file paths. At the moment we can't browse anything in your "My
>> Documents"
>> folder or desktop if your username contains unicode.
>>
>> Harley

Yaohua Xiong

Traffic and Transportation Engineering College, Tongji Univ.
Cao An Road 4800#, Jia Ding District, Shanghai,  China