[Bf-committers] Meeting minutes, april 18th 2010

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Apr 18 18:20:22 CEST 2010

Hi all,

1) Current projects

- Campbell mentions that he has added several animation functions to
the Py api, like for adding and removing keys and drivers, and direct
fcurve editing.
- Durian render branch progress: first commits showing image cache WIP
(only loading used mip map levels). On the todo is tiled images too.
This saves a lot of memory overhead.
- Raul will continue his work on particles in a new branch.

2) Blender 2.5x project

- The next release target is still to get the first official beta out,
with minimal 2.5 recode related specs finished, and ready for
documentation and authors. The release target after that will have as
focus to stabilize, to bugfix and bring back sufficient 2.49
functionality as well.

- Wiki roadmap page in progress:
   http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Source/Development/Roadmap

- Python first roadmap target is for import/export and for the Blender
UIs. Additional targets are for after this summer earliest (when
Campbell is free from Durian!).

- The outdated roadmap page on blender.org will get updated. It is
currently unclear what the moment is that we get a 2.6 version. What
we know at least is that the "2.5 series" will get a usable and
documentable 2.5x version too, which can be used professionally, and
included in books. Once we have our 2.5 trunk a bit stable, we can
also better define beter which targets we still want to complete for a
2.5x build, and which will be moved to 2.6.

3) GSoC

Within three days we have to propose our final ranking to Google.
Three-four days after students will be contacted, and we know who are
the happy students who will work for us! :)

-Ton-