[Bf-committers] Patch for BGE Keyboard and Mouse Python types

Mitchell Stokes mogurijin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:01:48 CEST 2010

> +1 for Dalai's suggestions, though I'd like to make sure we take care
> when adding another method to access events.
> Assume 'events' includes events since the last logic tick? (as opposed
> to accumulating events and having the developer remove?)

I'm close to have the suggestions implemented and I'll be submitting a
new patch probably tomorrow. As for the events, they being done just
like SCA_KeyboardSensor.events. It returns a list events and statuses
for inputs that are active for that frame.

Here is the example from the GameKeys doc:

       # Do the all keys thing
       import GameLogic
       import GameKeys

       co = GameLogic.getCurrentController()
       # 'Keyboard' is a keyboard sensor
       sensor = co.getSensor('Keyboard')
       keylist = sensor.events
       for key in keylist:
               # key[0] == GameKeys.keycode, key[1] = status
               if key[1] == GameLogic.KX_INPUT_JUST_ACTIVATED:
                       if key[0] == GameKeys.WKEY:
                               # Activate Forward!
                       if key[0] == GameKeys.SKEY:
                               # Activate Backward!