[Bf-committers] Blender security paranoia

horace grant horace3d at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 14:02:53 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 10:51 AM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> even though rna is thin wrapped these parts still rely on cpython
> - python subclassing rna
> - ID-Property support
> - Mathutils Vector/Matrix/Euler/Quat types
> - Game Engine API
>
> doubt we would switch from cpython any time soon.

http://morepypy.blogspot.com/2010/04/using-cpython-extension-modules-with.html

look! pypy is working on cpython api compatibility! :)

so in the future once pypy is python 3.1 compatible (i am sure they
will work on it sooner or later) it should be possible to use pypy for
blender and solve the security issues.

http://speed.pypy.org/

and for numerical code pypy can be 10 times faster than cpython
already. another nice advantage.