[Bf-committers] version naming

Ruslan Merkulov r.merkulov at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 07:12:45 CEST 2010

It's worth noting that there are two separate versioning for such
packages (like Maya, Max, etc.) - public, marketing-friendly like 2011
or whatever and technical, internal similar to Blender. For Blender I
think incorporating the title of the current open project would fit
better - something like Blender "Durian" 3.0. Blender 2010 is just...
meh.

But i'm sure devs will stick with the single versioning anyway.