[Bf-committers] version naming

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 7 05:44:22 CEST 2010

Wolfgang Fähnle wrote:
> The most people wait for 2.5, like me.
> Alpha, beta, stable and then think about 2.6.
> I like 2.49b, otherwise you could change to Blender 2010 like others do.

The naming convention based on a yearly release is not a bad idea
either. One immediately knows the age of the version. One cannot say the
same with the current versioning at the moment. 2.40, 2.41, 2.42 all
came out within a very small time-frame compared to 2.48, 2.49, & 2.50.

It's not something I'm hung up on, but a good idea worth highlighting.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer