[Bf-committers] Similar Surface modifier

joe joeedh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 02:01:48 CET 2009

A simple UV deformer modifier would be possible.  For more advanced
stuff. . .hrm.  You could use ray casting to map vertices on the
high-detail mesh into the tangent space of faces on the low-detail
one.  That might let you calculate deformation without too much
distortion.

Probably not something I myself can do anytime soon.  It does seem
really useful to me, though, and I think I'll need it myself
eventually.

Joe