[Bf-committers] (re) proposal for pep8 for blender scripts

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Oct 29 16:49:00 CET 2009

Charles Wardlaw wrote:
> +1 on four spaces
> +1 on 80 characters per line.
>
> Some of us still use Emacs for heavy code editing inside a tiny
> terminal window, even on 24" monitors. :)

This is how I work too, running emacs in an 80 character
terminal as my editor, so I would hope that any attempt at
PEP8 adoption would strive for 79 character or less per line.
(I also think commit logs should strive to be less than
80 characters per lines, but I gave up hope for that
long ago.)

I'm also in favour of switching to four spaces rather than
tabs.

Basically, I think we should strive for full PEP8 adoption,
or why bother? As the PEP8 document says "A Foolish Consistency
is the Hobgoblin of Little Minds".

Regards,
Chris