[Bf-committers] Submitted patch to add cap ends setting for cylinders

Carsten Wartmann cw at blenderbuch.de
Mon Oct 19 23:48:24 CEST 2009

Roger Wickes schrieb:
> I cannot argue with Carsten. There is no upperbound. My pipe example is a good candidates for a macro and/or simple set of add->mesh->tube_disable cap ends, enter exterior dimensions->extrude dude, drop in place; scale->enter thickness, side view, scale->x so edge of pipe is flat. Turns out the normals end up correct; I would have thought they needed to be flipped.

Thats part of my point. If you need a pipe everyday in your studio work
"Your own 3D Software" should be able to give you macros, scripts or
whatever to get your work done.

I need in 99%  a plane (which I mostly delete all vertes in a first
step, I want an empty Mesh object!), a cube or a circle. So why clutter
my workspace with hundreds of primitives I will never use?

So please keep the primitives SIMPLE (primitive... sic!) in use and
shape and have macros or scripts which integrate nicely in the GUI for
all the cases where someone needs a special thingy.

Carsten
--
Carsten Wartmann: Autor - Dozent - 3D - Grafik
Homepage:         http://blenderbuch.de/